Holding your Dream Tea at school
Here are just a few ideas of what you could do with your Dream Tea in school.
- Make it a dress-up day with a donation per child - theme (Dreams Come True colours are purple and orange)
- Double up with a 'Getting to know you' parents social
- Turn your Dream Tea into a Teddy Bears' Tea Party or base it around a book like The Hungry Caterpillar or Beatrix Potter
- Invite parents to bring in donations and raffle off any showstopper cakes
- Encourage children to design and create their own bunting, invitations and posters.
- Get cooking – follow a recipe and make biscuits in class
- Numeracy projects - simple budgeting and predicted funds lesson
- Make it a dress up or MUFTI day with a donation per child
- Run a lucky cupcake competition. Pop stars on the underneath of cupcakes to determine the winning cakes. Stars mean prizes!
- Maths project – how much does a recipe cost to make? Estimating proceeds?
- Create posters and invites in art class
- Run a Student or staff 'bake-off' and auction the winning entry
- Food tech class – bake produce to sell. Personalised biscuits or cupcakes perhaps..?