Kayleigh Irvine - Raspberry Bakewell Cake
Try this delicious prize winning cake from Kayleigh Irvine, one of our great volunteers
Kayleigh has been a long term supporter for Dreams Come True for the past 6 years, firstly donating over £1,200 from selling calendars at her workplace, Worley Parsons in London. Over the past few years she has become one of our London volunteers raising over £3,600 by completing a Skydive and many cake sales at work.
140g self-raising flour
140g caster sugar
140g soft butter (room temp)
140g ground almonds
250g fresh raspberries
2 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp flaked almonds
Icing sugar to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease & line a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin.
- Beat together the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Spread half the mixture over the bottom of the cake tin, and smooth over the top.
- Warm the jam in a saucepan over a gentle heat and add the raspberries, mix until just coated.
- Very gently spread the raspberry mixture over the sponge base as evenly as possible, then dollop the remaining almond mixture over the top and spread roughly, without disturbing the raspberry mix below.
- Scatter the flaked almonds over the top and bake for 50 mins, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. Dust with a little icing sugar for finishing touch.