Banana Toffee Pudding - Brian Turner
Ingredients: Serves 6
50g unsalted butter
50g unrefined caster sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
150ml double cream
2tbsp chopped peanuts
150g unsalted butter
110g unrefined caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas
150g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
50g butter for greasing moulds/ramekins
Icing sugar, to serve
- Melt the 50g butter with the 50g sugar.
- Add the golden syrup and bring up to the boil.
- Add the cream, reboil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped peanuts and remove from the heat.
- Cream the butter and 110g sugar and add the beaten eggs slowly.
- Mash the bananas and mix in.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the mix, but do not over mix.
- Put the toffee sauce into six greased moulds/ramekins.
- Put half of the pudding mixture on top.
- Share out the rest of the toffee sauce.
- Fill up with the rest of the pudding mix.
- Bake at 170°C for 25 minutes.
- Take out and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn out carefully, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- Serve with glazed banana and clotted cream.