Miranda Gore Browne - Lovely Lavender Biscuits
Ingredients: makes about 18
1 heaped tbsp lavender flowers (no stalks)
175g self-raising flour, sifted
50g caster sugar
pinch of salt
130g unsalted butter, traight from the fridge
caster sugar, for sprinkling
You will also need:
5 cm heart-shaped or
- Put the lavender and flour into a food processor and chop finely.
- Add the sugar, salt and semolina and whizz to combine. Finely chop or coarsely grate the butter into the mixture and whizz again until a dough forms. Squash into a flat disc, wrap tightly in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Mark 4 and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chilled dough between two sheets of fresh cling film and roll out to a thickness of 3–4 mm. Using a 5 cm cutter, stamp out hearts or circles. Place on the prepared trays, spacing them at least 3 cm apart, and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or less if the biscuits are very small. Sprinkle generously with caster sugar straight after taking them out of the oven, and leave to cool.
Recipe taken from 'Biscuit' by Miranda Gore Browne - published by Ebury Press, £14.99.